11:00 – 11.30 Registration & skin demo by Bianca Estelle (Bea Clinic)
- Bea Skin Clinic performs cutting edge at their aesthetic medical clinics in London Marylebone, Beckenham, Kent, Antwerp and Abuja. They also offer a full selection of bea Skin Care products, which are specially formulated at an FDA approved laboratory in the United States and have been featured in numerous publications.
11.30 – 11.45 Introduction
- Main event will commence at 11.30am at the auditorium
11.45 – 12.15 Panel 1: Navigating the marketing minefield
- Diversity in marketing is a must but why are so many brands struggling to get it right?
- By trying to targeting everyone with the same campaigns are we infact ignoring the fact that our needs are different?
12.15 – 12.45 Panel 2: It doesn’t matter if you’re black or white
- Skin bleaching or tanning is it the same in reverse?
- Are the health implications understood and worth the results? What are they?
12.45 – 13.05 Embracing My Beauty with Changing Faces Charity
- Changing Faces began its work in 1992 to help people who have a disfigurement find a way to live the life they want. We are caring campaigners – caring and empowering in supportive, friendly, positive and inspiring ways, and campaigning in our education and advocacy work by being forthright, informed, counter-cultural and determined. We are here to help people conquer fears, take the first steps and ultimately take control, by being on a client’s side and by their side as they define their own sense of identity, their purpose and realise their dreams. We help build people’s confidence to live their life on their terms. And we challenge prejudice, respect differences and speak to a world that needs to change.
13.05 – 14.05 Break & Makeup demo by Zukreat (Artist of Makeup)
- Founded by Zukreat Nazar, who is a celebrity makeup artist known to bring her artistic flair and creativity to the makeup world. She has been an artist of makeup for 16 years mainly catering for bridal clients on their most special day as well as Hollywood and Business celebrities. However she is more than an artist, she is a YouTube sensation and an entrepreneur who has a vision. Zukreat has worked tirelessly over a number of years to design, manufacture and establish a product range that allows every user to become a professional. Features of this unique makeup line are that the range are all highly pigmented with a little product going a long way making it a must for makeup artists and makeup lovers. The colours and shades are varied and bursting in colour allowing endless choice of creativity for the user. The customisable palettes allow you to pick and choose which the colours/shades you want and have been uniquely designed to be transparent in order to enable the artist to immediately recognise the colour or shade they want to use and therefore making it easy to reach for them. This is especially important to Makeup Artists who need to view their makeup at a glance.
14.15 – 14.45 Panel 3: Diversity vs Freedom of Expression
- Is it art or Assimilation?
- Do we have to stay true to our natural looks?
- Who decides what beautiful is?
14.45 – 15.15 Panel 4: Fro, Weave or Wig? Hijab, Turban or Fringe?
- Why does a woman’s headgear cause political ripples and campaigns?
- In attempting to change nature are we damaging ourselves?
- Is the grass always greener on the otherside?
15.15 – 15.45 Close up and personal with Eryca Freemantle
- Beauty with cancer: Brian Messam (Regional Co-ordinator, Look Good Feel Better Cancer Charity)
- My Beauty and Me: Sue Omar (From size 24 to 12)
15.45 – 17:00 Networking & Hair demo by Design Essentials
- The Design Essentials hair care system was launched in 1990. Cornell McBride envisioned a program that combined direct distribution of premium, quality hair care solutions with the education and knowledge to effectively use them in the salon and at home. This premise inspired the collection which now includes the Therapeutics Rx, Wave by Design and Colaura brands. Our products are engineered to infuse hair with a natural balance of vitamins and protein that promote movement and manageability. We also offer educational literature and sponsor events aimed at improving knowledge of how our products can assist in designing a healthy hair care system just for you. Today, MRL offers more than 40 premium beautification products sold to our discerning international clientele through our e-commerce website and direct-to-hair salons network of independent, exclusive distributors in the United States, Caribbean and the United Kingdom.